I got delivery of the messenger bag on 4th February 2016 and using it since then.
1. The size of this bag is 15x11x4 inches; which is just the right size for a multi-utility messenger bag. For putting a medium size laptop including a small Tiffin box, water bottle, some files and other documents. From my previous experience I can tell that anything smaller than this has limited use and bigger size looks odd and heavy to carry.
2. The leather is Genuine. It has that rustic vintage look which many people like me prefer. It is not high end machine stitching of leather and has a raw appeal. It weighs around 1.5 Kg.
3. The fixtures are brass knuckles and goes well with the colour of the leather. Interiors of the bag are well laid out.
4. I bought the bag for Rs 2,399 /- which I believe is a great offer from Flipkart considering other online e-commerce websites were selling the same product for Rs. 4,000 /-
1. The leather is not seasoned. Hence it is soft and smelly. I think it would harden and loosen up a bit in due course. I even expect it to shed some weight. The leather smell reduced a bit after 5 days of use.
2. The stitching and finishing deserves a lot to be done. There are visible loose ends and some place requires stitching to be redone. The vendor should understand that to compete against the other available products they must produce goods with impeccable finishing and quality at competitive price. The Chinese smart phones are the glaring example. I had to spend Rs. 100 to get the loose end re-stitched.
3. The brass knuckles are greased in oil which has spilled within the back. In fact it is visible even in the product image bag on the website. Come on guys you can clean it before you put it in the bag.
4. The ‘shoulder strap’ provided to me with the bag is not the same as shown in the product image. But the worst experience is not having the ‘shoulder rest’. The shoulder hurts if you carry some heavy stuff in the bag on your shoulder. I really miss the ‘shoulder rest’ which I believe is necessary. However I am not pissed off to that extent to return the product because of this. But Flipkart should monitor such dereliction by the vendor.
Save yourself some money with Price Trends, Price Comparisons & Updated Coupons directly inside your favourite shopping apps like Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm & many more by installing the Buyhatke Assistant App